What's Galentine's Day? Oh, it's only the best day of the year, as our favorite TV bureaucrat Leslie Knope taught us. For the last 10-ish years, February 13th (yes, you are right, it's Valentine's Day-eve) has been reserved for the celebration of our amazing BFFs!
Sure, we love our partners, but there is deep power in female friendship so we couldn’t be happier for this waffle-eating-mimosa-sipping tradition and the celebration of the female connection.
This Galentine’s Day again, bring together the amazing ladies in your life you love most and shower them with love, care and attention.
We decided to share a couple of ideas on how to transform your Galentine’s Day festivities into a yoga retreat that will also help you relax, calm your mind and remind you why your girl squad really is the best.
So, here’s our 7 ultimate ideas how to (re)treat yourselves this Galentine’s Day:
- First you need a cozy setting with candles, warm blankets, healthy snacks and your happy music
- Make some peppermint, chamomile or passion flower tea, all great remedies for stress and anxiety
- Meditate! We got you covered with beautiful guided meditations on your Melon & Lime app that comes free with your M&L yoga mat
- Hey, it wouldn’t be Galentine’s Day without chocolate, waffles, champagne, or mimosas - all the best stuff, right?
- Be creative! Whether it is painting, doodling, crochet, making music or dance, art will ease your minds and help you express emotions. And, well, it’s super fun!
- Do some Yin or Restorative Yoga. Check your Melon & Lime app for guided yoga exercises
- Make special cards - write down what you and your besties love most about each other <3
Tell us how it went!
To help you out with the Galentine’s Day preparations, we have prepared a special offer. (Re)treat yourself and your bestie with our Mat & App yoga starter kit. Second one is 50% off!